AN UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCE
London • Delhi • Leh • Uley • Leh •Rumbak • Leh • Delhi • London
Snow Leopard Expedition
30th January- 13th February 2019
11th February- 25th February 2019
Fly from London Heathrow on direct British Airways/ Virgin Atlantic/ Jet Airways overnight flight to Delhi (The flights from other regional airports are also available on request).
Arrive Delhi in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at The Maidnes.
Fly to Leh
Early morning flight to Leh. Transfer to hotel. Complete rest for the day to acclimatise from the high altitude. Two nights stay at The Grand Dragon Hotel.
Local Wildlife Viewing
Post breakfast departure for full day drive to Gya and Lato area close to the town on Leh for some viewing of Blue Sheep and trans- Himalayan birds like Bearded Vulture, Golden Eagles, Chukar Partridge, Tibetan Partridge, Great Rose Finch and others. These areas lie in the same valley as Leh and in similar altitude giving a good chance to acclimatise and seeing the wildlife at the same time. Post lunch drive towards the Indus River and walk around the river bank to see Himalayan birds like the rare Ibis Bill and Solitary Snip.
Drive to Uley, En-route Experience Frozen Walk
After an early breakfast depart for Uley, en-route stop at Indus- Zanskar river confluence and do a short 30 minutes walk on the frozen river. After lunch depart for Uley which is one of the best places in the world to see Snow Leopard. Whilst driving to Uley keep on looking for Urial, Agrali, Tibetan Antelope and Wolf. Two nights stay in a local house.
After breakfast explore Uley by walking and scanning the ridges for the Snow Leopard and Himalayan Ibes. Hot lunch will be provided. Late evening make your way back to home stay.
After breakfast explore Uley a little more to look at the possibilities of sightseeing a Snow Leopard. After lunch drive to Leh. Overnight at The Grand Dragon Hotel.
Trek to Rumbak
After breakfast drive to Zenchen and start trek to Rumbak in Hemis National Park. From Phey, start alongside Indus towards the Zingche Gorge. Continue up the Gorge and soon enough lay your eyes on the high altitude Hemis National Park- the home of Snow Leopard. Keep your senses sharp and look out amidst the cliffs and at the base of rocks where they mark their turf. Five nights in Rumbak Homestay in the stunning Hemis Wilderness.
Next 3 days trek around Hemis National Park tracking the Snow Leopard and its wildlife prey. Hemis National Park is a home to blue sheep (a large horned sheep)- Argali. Numerous mountain and migratory birds as well as the occasional Tibetan Wolf, one of the most prolific hunters of the region. You are likely to see sights of Snow Leopard as winters is the time they descend to the lower elevations.
Today explore Urutse (13,500 ft) and Gandala pass base which is known for its Ibex, Eurasian Lynk and Tibetan Wolf. Trek up the valley scanning the mountains for Snow Leopards with pack lunch. After lunch see some wildlife on the high passes and then start your way back to Rumbak.
After an early breakfast walk down the valley towards Zingchen, which is the entry point of Hemis National Park. After your hot lunch at the entry point, drive to Leh. Overnight at The Grand Dragon Hotel.
After breakfast transfer to the airport to take your flight back to Delhi. Overnight at The Maidens Hotel.
Fly back to London with British Airways/ Virgin Atlantic/ Jet Airways flight.
- How to Book this Tour
- Travel Insurance
International & internal flights in Economy Class (The baggage allowance on internal flights is 15 kgs per person. The excess baggage charges are approximately Indian Rupees 400 per kg).
Accommodation as per the itinerary (Check-in is 1400 hrs and checkout 12 noon. Early check-in and late checkout are subject to availability).
- Meal Plan: Full Board. Delhi on Bed & Breakfast
Services of our English-speaking representative for all arrival and departure transfers to assist you at the airports.
All transfers and sightseeing by a chauffeur driven private vehicle.
Services of an expert Naturalist.
Entrance fees to all monuments during sightseeing as specified in your itinerary.
One camera fee per person for the entire trip.
Cost does not include:
- Visa Fee: E- Tourist visa facility is now available for India for citizens of most countries of the World. On booking we will send you a step by step guide how to apply for the E-tourist visa.
- Any expenses of a personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, beverages, gratuities etc.
- Camera fees at monuments and other places of interest.
- Travel Insurance.
- To book this tour , please compete the booking form, sign and e-mail it to us. A non-refundable deposit of £500.00 per person is needed at the time of booking. Balance payments will be due 8 weeks before departure. You can make the deposit payment by debit card or electronic transfers to our bank. Our Bank details are on the booking form. Bookings are confirmed on first come first served basis. When the tour is full we will take about 5 additional names on the waiting list to replace their booking with any cancellations etc.
- If you wish to join the tour and fly from any country other than United Kingdom please contact us for land only arrangements.
It is essential to have adequate insurance in place before your departure. This should be appropriate for your age, health and destination you are visiting.
- It includes comprehensive medical and repatriation cover.
- It provides cover for your whole trip (whether one day or over a year).
- It covers you for all activities.
- Disclose pre-existing medical conditions.
- Take your policy number and the 24-hour emergency contact numbers with you.
- If you are making multiple trips we recommend that you take a yearly travel insurance policy.