Britain’s Greatest Battle; Tour of Imphal & Kohima
19 – 31 March 2023
Day 1 : From London To Kolkata
Departure from London with Emirates Airlines via Dubai evening flight.
Day 2 : To Imphal Via Kolkata
Arrive Dubai at and connect to your onward flight to Kolkata. Arrival at 07:40. Clear immigration and customs collect your baggage and proceed to your afternoon flight to Imphal. (Lounge stay in Kolkata Airport).
Arrive Imphal, meeting, assistance on arrival the check into Hotel Classic Grande for 3 nights stay. L, D
Day 3 -4 : Imphal
Battlefield visits to Imphal include Kangla fort and General Slims cottage, Nunshigum Ridge Battlefield, Red Hill Memorials (2 of them The Japanese one and next to it the Imphal Peace memorial), Imphal Museum of the war Co-located with the above memorials and Commonwealth War Cemeteries and Battlefield of Shangshak and Shenam Saddle.
B, L, D
Day 5 : To Kohima
Early departure from Imphal to Kohima by road (4-5 hours). A short stop at Kanglatongbi to explain the significance of the Lion Box Battle. (A small cemetery to explore here as well). Arrival in Kohima, check in at Hotel Vivor for 4 nights. B, L, D
Day 6 : Kohima
Battlefield Visits :
- Merema Ridge – Ground briefing. Battlefield overview
- Point 5120 – Naga village
- Kohima Cathedral
- War Cemetery B, L, D
Day 7 : Kohima
Battlefield Visits :
- Mount Pulebadze – requires early start
- Grover Memorial at Jotsoma – Ground briefing
- Viewing platform – Ground briefing
- Khonoma Village – cultural visit
B, L, D
Day 8 : Kohima
Visit to Museum of the war including
- Revisit War cemetery
- Kohima Ridge and battle for DIS B, L, D
Day 9 : To Dimapur
Morning depart for Dimapur. Visit to the vital logistic hub for the Allies, the gateway to India from the east Nichuguard, a very strategic point Zubza which was the First contact for 2nd Division and first casualties and finally the Dimapur Railway Station almost unchanged since 1944.
check in to Naithu Resort for overnight stay. B, L, D
Day 10 : To Kolkata
Morning fly to Dimapur to Kolkata. Check in to Astor Hotel for 3 nights stay. Rest of the day at leisure. B, L, D
Day 11 : Kolkata
Kolkata full day sightseeing to include the Jain Temple, Victoria Memorial, National Museum and Mother Teresa’s Orphanage. B, L, D
Day 12 : Kolkata
Kolkata Morning heritage walk of Kolkata. Visit the High Court and walk past Government House (now Raj Bhawan) built by Lord Wellesley, who said in justification of its enormous cost ‘India should be governed from a Palace, not a counting house.’ Visit St John’s Church (built 1784) with its painting of The Last Supper by Johann Zoffany and its beautiful marble memorials. Outside, in the first Kolkata cemetery, are the tombs of Job Charnock, the founder of British Kolkata, and Begum Johnson, who outlived four husbands. Also here is the Black Hole memorial, erected by Lord Curzon. Walk past the Lal Dighi (the Great Tank), the General Post Office (on the site of the first Fort William), Writers’ Buildings and St Andrew’s Kirk.
Afternoon at leisure. B, L, D
Day 13 : To London
Morning transfer to Kolkata International Airport for your return flight at 09:55 home onboard Emirates Airlines via Dubai. B
|Price per person
|Single room supplement|
- International flights with scheduled Emirate Airlines in economy class. Please contact us if you wish to departure from a regional UK airport and for upgrade to club class
- Internal flights in economy class as per the itinerary with 23 Kg’s checked in baggage.
- Accommodation with private facilities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Meal Plan: Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the tour. Lunches will be provided in local restaurants. Refreshments will be served at the Premium lounge in Kolkata on arrival from London.
- All transfers and sightseeing arrangements by an air-conditioned chauffer driven small coach or private cars.
- Entrance fee to all monuments and places of interest.
- Services of a local English-speaking guide.
- Services of Mr Robert Cook as tour leader.
- Complimentary mineral water while driving and on sightseeing.
- Full ATOL & ABTA bonding.
- Airline Failure Insurance.
- A contribution of £15 per person will be made to The Kohima Museum & £10.00 will be paid to Kohima Educational Trust.
- Visa for India.
- Any expense of a personal nature
- Tips and Gratuities
- Travel Insurance*
It is essential to have adequate insurance in place before your departure. This should be appropriate for your age, health and destination you are visiting.
• Make sure it includes comprehensive medical and repatriation cover.
• Make sure it provides cover for your whole trip (whether one day or over a year).
• Make sure it covers you for all activities.
• Disclose pre-existing medical conditions.
• Take your policy number and the 24-hour emergency contact numbers with you.
If you have any doubts about your cover, check with your insurer. Please note Covid-19 cover is now available.
For a competitive quotation please visit https://www.indusexperiences.co.uk/insurance/